Spreading The Words

Like what you are reading here? Then, please spread the word. The content from these many blogs will continue fo flow... but this one man army needs a little support to continue. Do what you can to spread my words... and I will always give out many thanks. Oh, and keep reading.

RLJ

Donation Support Button

Friday, January 25, 2013

Awesome Comic Book Art

 
 
(This posting has a correction as of 1-31-13. I called the below character Razor, when she is actually Stryke!) 
 
 
I never dated this signed copy of Vampirella that Artist Liam Sharp was selling at a signing in Tysons Corner in 1994. He was not drawing and selling original artwork, so I had to be happy with this signed copy of the work. I need to research the exact book this work is from because, as I'm typing this article, I simply cannot remember the exact comic book this picture appeared in. I'll find out soon enough...

Richard Pollard was also selling 'unnumbered' copies of a drawing of the character, "Stryke" at that same signing. I purchased two of those. I'll post a picture of that great image soon. Actually, I'll post it right now.
 
RLJ
 


 
 
 
 
I have always wished this was original art. But, the artist had his small stack of the art work, slid two of these off the stack, signed both of them in front of me and gave me a hearty handshake. I love this picture, and I love this man's art work even more.
 
RLJ
 



No comments:

Post a Comment